The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday February 12, 2005 at 22:52
Stew Pidasso
Long Time Member
September 2003
I think that the CE Labs unit is the best value for the money. I have used it several times with good results.

The Calrad has also been okay, although it is more expensive. The Calrad has extra features, such as composite video distribution in addition to component. I can't remember, but it might also include coaxial digital audio.

The Calrad sells for about $200.00, and the CE Labs sells for under $90.00. I got the CE Labs from Petra (www.petra.com) and the Calrad from Volutone (www.volutone.com).

Key Digital Systems makes a very high-quality product, but they charge a lot more for it. Extron is also good quality, but seems a little spoiled by commercial users willing to pay a high price for their stuff. Same problem with Kramer.

I just hooked up a similar system about a week ago. Everything worked fine, except one of his TVs was a 4:3 screen, while the others were 16:9. You couldn't optimize the settings for screen size or resolution for all TVs simultaneously. The client would have to change the settings each time he watched a different TV.

Hosting Services by ipHouse