Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday January 19, 2005 at 15:10
FP Crazy
June 2003
You might check out Home Logic’s system. They have Edge bricks, which sit on the network and will integrate with the Russound CAV 6.6 system VERY, VERY nicely. You could then sell the customer an 8” wireless touchscreen (or more) and/or install some IPAQ’s with the Home Logic interface.

WiFi wireless isn’t that scary but you may have to find a way to install a few WiFi access points through out the house, to get proper coverage. One benefit of this approach would be that you would not have to install the CAV6 UNO keypads. The Home logic touchscreens would have every zone’s UNO represented on the touchscreen. I know this works, because I have this set up in my showroom and it works flawlessly. They also have a very cool interface for the Russound AM/FM tuner and the XM tuner. And if you plan on doing any MP3 serving, their MP3 interface very nicely dovetails into all of this.

Call the folks at Home Logic 781-639-5155 and they can walk you through the options. They can even walk you through some on line demos, so you can see how it will all work and look

One caution about any touchscreen control using 802.11 to control anything, whether it be Home Logic or M+: WiFi tablets go to sleep to preserve battery power. Nature of the beast. When you “wake it up”, it has to reinitiate communication with the access point and then you are good to go. This can all take up to 7-15 seconds depending on your hardware arrangement, WEP enabled, etc… So it will never be as quick as tapping an MX3000 and pushing a button.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse