Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday January 18, 2005 at 23:07
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
I do not know as you are best to use a 2.4 gig solution. It is a very crowded spectrum but it also does provide you with some of the shelf options. I see from your profile that you are generally in the Maryland - Virginia- DC area and the answer to your question is very much enviorment dependant. Think you will obtain great RF performance in DC proper? I doubt you will get 200 feet. You might not obtain 15 feet in some areas. In Suburban Maryland or Virginia if you kept the reciver high, say in the attic, you might have some luck at that distance. I have managed 300 ft with Radio Ra when the spec said 60 feet. I have managed your distance with one-way Crestron touch panels in good RF enviorments. But you offer no clue as to what you have in mind. You think you will get that preformance out of an MX-3000 or 850? Maybe but given its RF curve I you may or may not and I am betting on the latter. A pronto? No way. I did not know Elan made a wireless touch panel. But why do I have the feeling that your receiver will be in the rack in the basement and your bedget is uder $1000?

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse