Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday February 14, 2005 at 22:28
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 02/14/05 21:06 ET, diesel said...
QQQ,

Molex part number is a standard .062 wire to wire.
From 1-36 positions.

Matt

Yeah, and "spark plug with a .027 gap" is a part number, too. Just try to buy one!

Molex actually has real part numbers, as there may well be different styles of .062 connectors. So, to repeat QQQ's question, any (actual) PART NUMBERS?

Are Dolphins the little white jobbies, open on one end, that the phone connector designers thought would be a crimp connector? If so, that's what I use. I DO NOT depend on the crimp to make the connection. Instead, I twist the wires together, double over, inster into the connector (as Larry does), then crimp with the same crimper that does butt connectors.

The white connector is therefore really just an insulator; the connection is the twisted wires. It could be that the spikes inside the connector aid in making the connection, but I am totally not depending on that.

I have also heard these called jelly beans, but I think the people who call these jelly beans have never looked at the round ones with the colors that Larry described, then looked over at some real jelly beans, then looked back at the connectors! I call THOSE connectors jelly beans and I would only use them for solid to solid.

The molex takes too much time, as does solder and shrink.
By
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse