The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday February 15, 2005 at 15:08
jritch
Long Time Member
July 2003
Haven't had the problem with video, but did have a cutting out problem on the digital audio feed into a Sunfire TGII processor, only on HD channels. It did it in playback also, but not necessarily in the same spot.

Did some research on tivocommunity.com and found some others with the same issues.

Called DirecTV and the CSR/Tech that I got said she had personally had a few instances of it, but I never got any response from them. The threads that I had read said that swapping the unit didn't help anyway.

Did a little looking at Sunfire's web site and saw that they had upgrades for newer processors that fixed certain 'synching' problems on the digital audio. Talked to their tech support and found out that we needed to send the unit in to have upgrades done. We're in the process of that, and waiting to see if it fixed the problem.

If you are switching video through your processor, maybe it has some of the same issues.

There are a lot of threads at AVSforum and tivocommunity.com that discuss this piece. I have personally installed 8 of them, and this is the first one that I have had any issues with.

My .02...

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse