Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday February 14, 2005 at 18:54
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
DarkReign,

I dont think you are being laughed. There are products on the market that will 'fit the bill' of what you want to do. "UNIT", however, doesnt exist. Since you are wanting to distribute HD material at some point you will need to pull a multi-conductor cable to each location. It would be best to look into something like RGBMini6 w/ a CAT5E in the same outer jacket. I hope you are good at soldering and LOVE to do it because thats a LOT soldering for a DIY'er. You are going to need a 1 in/8 out Component with Stereo Audio Distribution Amplifier. Your sat receiver or digital cable box will feed the DA. You will still need the Xantech IR system to control the televisions and the sat/cable box. You may need a learning universal remote as well, to allow you to change the channel on the sat/cable box and also raise/lower the volume on the televisions. You could substitute the remote for a wall mounted keypad. That is on the low end of the spectrum and the simplest way to do this. That said, what will you do when you want ADD another source, have two different channels on in two different areas of your bar?
I would suggest that you at least meet with a Custom Installer in your area. Get pricing on the system as a whole, installed. Two quotes should do it. One for a basic system and one utilizing a control system and a matrix A/V switcher with a touchscreen or similar remote.

Just my $.02
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse