the project. This includes six zones , six sources
and four MX 500 universal remotes . The install
does not include any speaker hook ups (I will
be installing them myself) . Does this sound
like a unreasonable amount of labor time to anyone
who has installed one? Thanks in advance for any
help with this matter.

CBJ03

The ACTUAL programming, etc. took a couple hours for the systems I've done so far. Like others have said here2 days is probably not unreasonable seeing as how they will be programming remotes, programming the system, and the inevitable troubleshooting that comes with it. Also, we don't know the "whole story". What all is being done? I have been lucky in the fact that most of my systems have been pretty simple (sources, IR system, doorbell interface, etc.) I haven't used HALF of what this thing is capable of. Also, this is with 2 guys who have BOTH learned a LOT about this system before going to a customer's house. Our first one was in my partner's house and we spent all weekend. Of course, we were playing and learning so that when we walk into a customer's house we will know exactly what's going on.

You WON'T be disappointed in the MZC.

I agree with what others have said here. I've lost chances at many jobs because I wouldn't go as low as the local "specialty retailer / car audio store" or the phone system guys that happen to have access to product through a distributor. We as home systems integrators are selling our capabilities and knowledge to you, the product is just an extension of that. Most of the jobs I get the customer isn't worried about the equipment because the biggest part of my being a "professional" is my knowledge whether this is about product, how long it will take to install such as system, etc. Hopefully you did your homework concerning your dealer in the first place. I have customers who VOLUNTEER to be references for me if a potential customer would like to hear from previous clients and have even offered to let us bring potential clients into their homes to showcase our capabilities.
Why all the fighting and cussing? Can't Dave play nice? We're just here to learn and have fun. It was a harmless jab, laugh and get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW... S-E-A-R-C-H!!!
or do the work!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse