The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday February 7, 2005 at 21:33
jritch
Long Time Member
July 2003
I also like the performance and easy programming of the keypads. I set most of the stuff up with events so that all of the cheap equipment (TEAC CD changer, Sylvania DVD Player (existing customer piece), TEAC Tuner and Scientific Atlanta Cable Box) that I was using comes on with any zone on and goes off with last zone off. Actually the CD player stays on, and just stops on last zone off. There are also two zones with displays, and they work flawlessly since I had actual discretes for on/off on them. The displays come on if DVD or Cable is selected, and go off with last zone off.

I ran into a little trouble in zones where there was no keypad present (there were two), and I used a remote. You have to set it up like there is a keypad present and just use an IR receiver in that zone. All button presses are separate and distinct IR codes according to input selection. For example, if you are in 'CD' input the volume up IR code is different from the volume up IR code if you are in 'DVD' input; and they are distinct by zone. This makes it hard to program an HTM remote (my preference over Pronto) to run the system in a room where you can't get a keypad to. You would have to program a separate device for each input, in each different room.

What I did was program a Pronto with separate pages for each different device within each zone, with invisible page flips. The input device selected drives the page, and then I replicated the Speakercraft keyapds onto the Pronto so that the interface was as close as possible in each zone, whether it be keypad or remote.

Other than that, I really like the operation and sound of the system, and am looking forward to using it again.

Just my .02

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse