Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday February 23, 2005 at 00:44
ATOH
Advanced Member
February 2005
Alan,
I understand there are safety protocols, etc. built into the devices. My issue is that many times the security is "OFF" by default and the feature is fully enabled to be used. Just like a Linksys router's wireless security is off by default and SSID broadcast is "ON". Verizon sends out a Westell modem for their DSL that the firewall is off by default. If these security measures aren't on by default most consumers won't turn them on, especially if it makes it harder to use the product. I guess it's finally time to read up on bluetooth. Time to hit Amazon!

I had thought that I had read somewhere months ago about bluetooth phones getting hacked, Nokia ones I had thought. I was asking if that was correct or not and got flamed for it.

:-(

I apologize to everyone for getting off topic.

Thank you Alan for the info about Zigbee. Everything wireless just seems to open up too many "what ifs". I would much prefer to run wire to everything even if that means spending hours running one wire.
Why all the fighting and cussing? Can't Dave play nice? We're just here to learn and have fun. It was a harmless jab, laugh and get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW... S-E-A-R-C-H!!!
or do the work!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse