The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday March 9, 2005 at 13:33
PHSJason
Advanced Member
December 2002
We have done dozens of Intellicontrols with Pronto remotes and here is what I recommend:
Get the MSU programming/macros up and running 100% before starting the touch-screen. This can save you alot of time later.
If you are usiing the MX in RF mode, test it first by switching the remote to RF and see if it will talk to the MSU without the RF station. In the case of the pronto remotes, the RFX-6000 worked worse than just letting the remote talk to the MSU.
If you are using IR into the MSU from the RF extender or from an IR repeater, remember that the MSU will pass all IR from the IR in port to all IR outputs and is not routable. When we do a remote this way, we use the MSU for macros/management only and have all of the channel codes, number codes etc, in the touchscreen.
There are a few bad commands on the .ccf file from niles and in Niles library. These include some of the number commands under master key four and a few others. If you are using the MSU for all of the programming, Test the MSU first from the intellifile software, then as you put each ir code into the 3000, test it as well. You will find a few codes that do not work and have to move the commands in the intellifile software. We find the best way around this is to keep the MSU as simple as possible and keep as much programming as possible in the touch-screen.
Back-up your niles files and leave a copy on-site(in the back of the cabinet is a good place, or with the homeowner, but that is another topic). Niles software will allow someone to upoad a file from a MSU, but when you do, every command is shown as "command" with no name. If you have more than one person in your company who may work on this systm in the future, you will save a lot of grief by making sure that there is a copy of the original file available on-site.
Other than those things, it is a pretty simple system to set-up.
Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be be glad to help.

Jason

Hosting Services by ipHouse