Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday January 6, 2002 at 19:19
Drew
Founding Member
January 2002
Hello Everyone:

Yes, I am a newbie who just purchased my ProntoPro from Bruce. Special thanks are in order to Bruce for all his help and honesty.

Anyway, I am in the process of getting my Pro setup. I have read and re-read this forum numerous times finding it very useful. At this point, my remote doesn't work very well because my components didn't emulate good with the Pro defaults. Nonetheless, I have diagrammed my "Plan" of what I want my Pro to do, and have even tried to "create" what it will look like. I thought I was ready to put the "look" and the "plan" together, then just go LEARN the relevant commands from my original remotes. Unfortunately, my first problem is this: I have the "look" for each device but when I run the emulator, some of the looks don't appear! Why? I have copied and pasted some of the look from other CCF's. Does that somehow make a difference? For example, the menu driven look is what I went with but sometimes the menu tabs do not appear.

I have many other questions, but lets start there. Anyone know why what I create in the "look" stage doesn't appear when I run the emulator? FYI -- the look I am following is similar to A. J. Laban's CCF and "Daniel's" CCF both posted for download on this site. Also, AJ's DVD with the black background won't even appear on my screen during the emulator even though it appears when I edit that page of the DVD device. All that appears is the "jog" button from that exact panel.

Confused....Drew

Hosting Services by ipHouse