Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 5, 2001 at 02:24
MrKlaatu
Historic Forum Post
When I first started working on my Pronto with ProntoEdit, one of the first things I did was to sit down with each remote I had and created an ALIAS.CCF with each remote as a device.

Depending on how many buttons there were on each remote. I had anywhere from 1 to 5 panels for each device.

This was not a "fancy" CCF, but very utilitarian, using stock Pronto buttons. Each button was labeled exactly as it was on the remote (some were oblong, depending on how long the label was). This was so it was very clear what button was what. These Panels & buttons were created in ProntoEdit with only .01 Delays.

I then loaded it into my Pronto AND LEARNED EACH BUTTON **ON THE PRONTO**.

Then it was transferred back into ProntoEdit and saved as ALIAS.CCF and changed in Windows Explorer to READ ONLY.

Now all I have to do (basically) is to download someone else's CCF, merge my ALIAS.CCF **INTO** it and do a bit of re-aliasing and I can use most any CCF I find.

Granted . . . then the *REAL* fun begins as I "micro"tweak it to my own liking. (and it generally ends up being a totally different animal).

Hope this helps some of you newbies out there!

MIKE

Hosting Services by ipHouse