The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 29, 2005 at 01:33
lchuck
Long Time Member
November 2004
Ok, so I've got a relatively simple setup consisting of the following equipment:

1 - Xantech 490-00 Micro Link
1 - Xantech 789-44 connecting block
1 - Radio Shack 12v/1.5A Power Supply
4 - Xantech 286M Dual Blink-IR Mouse Emitter

I've got the Micro Link stuck through a wall and leading straight to the connecting block in my equipment cabinent using the 7 foot wire that came attached to the receiver. I only have one of the dual emitters hooked up right now for troubleshooting. The display is a rear projection TV, so it should not present issues like plasma sets do.

Now that you know what I have, here's the problem. Whenever I try to pass a command through the system (using either the original remotes or my Harmony 680) I can see the receiver blink green and the emitters blink red, but nothing happens with the equipment.

Finally, some things that I've tried. I am doing this in an almost completely darkend room, so the lighting should not be interfering with anything. Also I was originally using the power supply that came with the Xantech receiver, but I purchased a higher amperage one that should provide more than enough current for everything.

Please give me some suggestions for things to try, as I am pulling my hair out trying to get this very simple setup to work for me. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse