Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday April 25, 2005 at 11:34
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
The Niles rock speakers are also surprisingly good. RS5 have surprising amount of bass for the buck ( 5-600 retail ) and the RS8 has an unusual but flexable wiring scheme so it can be wired in mono with an in and out or as a stereo speaker with all channels summed internally.

I have had a surprising amount of Rockustics fail over time and I distrust their warantee which is liftetime --if all conditions are met. Who knows about this. I also dislike shipping something so heavy back to the facotry and paying for shipping back. Drivers are cheap and should be field upgradable. How difficult is it to place a bead of silicone on the speaker? As for sound, I always liked the Rock sound--for an outdoor speaker. I only sold Rocky Jrs and above.

For an alternative, Technomad made a reliable product that sounded fine albeit that the speaker we used had to have a sub to match the bass output of a Rockcustics. These had no industrical design but the plastic comes in so many colors that it can be placed in almost any location where there are some shrubs and blend in. I always found that any rock speaker was placed in a location where there were no other rocks. So you knew there was a speaker there.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse