The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday May 2, 2005 at 23:03
2nd rick
August 2002
Don't sweat it...
If you ae still in the local HBA, you can probably buy reasonable ad space in the flyer/program.

We find that a lot of our bigger leads have come directly or indirectly from the Parade, and when we meet we always ask if they are Parade regulars. We don't give ANYTHING away, and basically only pass on the programs that the manufacturers offer as the only discounting.

Also, since you are making less money, you have to be more aggressive about how to market yourself with the new exposure.

Since the same types of people go to these each year, keep a list of the ones you have done in years past and list those as well as a "portfolio" of past work that the attendees may have seen.

The regulars go through each year, and many of them are collecting ideas to build their own dream homes, but not for a few years. Nowadays, it's like an annuity for us, we jump through the hoops of a Parade home or two each season, and we get a few good leads from people that saw our work and our ads in the last couple years...

It's weird, people will remember the strangest little things about each job, and if you jog their memories and they say "Oh, you guys did that??, I liked this thing from that job!!" and I have to think hard to remember what they are talking about, because it's usually some small detail like an inwall sub or oddball color matched keypad plates or something.

We have done Parade projects for about 10 years, maybe more, and we take photos and write descriptions for every one.

We have assembled quite a nice little Parade portfolio to discuss and I am trying to assemble binders of past jobs to take with me as I work the Parade site(s) this year.

I agree with Julie, this is the most productive marketing we have done hands down...
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse