The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday June 26, 2005 at 05:16
Yore
Founding Member
August 2001
Hi and first thanks to all of you for giving me options :-)
Imerge thing does not work with lossless codecs and therefore is not suited for me.
I want to turn my whole over 1500 + CD collection and ever growing :-) into something that could easily be managed. I used iTunes as an example because it it great at just doing this.
ReQuest seems to fit what I would like to have preferctly (Tera) but I can't find any pricing info and if it's really 20 k + then I might as well buy a new flat and get more space to CD's :-) :-)
but if Impaqt or anyone else know any info I'd be happy to see it :-). I even looked at XP Media Centres but there's nothing there that I couldn't have with my Mac so....

Carl, that was my intention...to get a Mac mini as an iTunes server + LaCie big drive and use my phone with Salling Clikcer as a remote but is still not an ideal as I would have to find a way to add my Mac mini to my plasma which is pretty crowded already and that would mean that at least when opening and closing Mac I'd have to use TV on. ReQuest really seem to be ideal for me but if the pricing is for the Ozzy Osborners only, then... :-)

2nd Rick, interesting combination of having a hi-endish ripper (btw. never had any problems with any of the rippers I have used) and then using it with Sound Blaster ;-) ;-) and lossless codec is called that way because every bit is there :-). I have no problem using iTunes Music on my iPod..128 k is OK for having half of my collection in my Pocket and listening to it in bussed, trains etc.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for responses, even if I might have been on the wrong forum :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse