The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday June 27, 2005 at 10:02
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
I used to love uninterrupted listening, through a high quality system, of an artists entire album that I'd just purchased.

BUT, now I have noisy kids, a busy house and I only spend about half my week here anyway as the rest of it is spent putting music in other peoples homes.

For me... Rhapsody is exactly what modom said. A way to keep up with new music. Radio in Seattle (cell service as well) basically sucks. The terrain has you changing stations often. I use my car as my listening environment because its about the only time I get alone (thats IF I turn my appendage known as the cell phone off). I know you can have a high quality car stereo but road noise etc. have the same effect as the home cacaphony. It seems that sound quality is going by the wayside and that this generation is less concerned with it.

I still have my 1400+ CDs and 800+ vinyl records plus a collection of local music on cassette tapes (heck I even have a reel to reel and a Betamax) but I also have a huge hard drive full of my favorite stuff in lossless format and i think its a great way to distribute my music through the house and yard (anything to help drown out those noisy kids!!)

Hosting Services by ipHouse