Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Sunday August 28, 2005 at 18:46
2nd rick
August 2002
As far as CEDIA is concerned, it sounds like you guys really want some sort of marking for an integration friendly component.

I started a CI Friendly thread here a while back.
[Link: remotecentral.com]

What I want from CEDIA are appointed/elected ambassadors for each region who would be directed to increase the visibility of CEDIA as it's own entity among builders, architects, designers, and in the local media in the various mid-sized and large markets around the country.

The largest obstacle I see would be finding individuals to fill positions such as these, perhaps we could start with a pool of former board members and move out from there. I could also see participation here from industry vets on the manufacturer side...

Imagine a charismatic ambassador like Frank White, Paul Scarpelli, or Sam Runco speaking on behalf of all CEDIA members on your local TV morning program. I could see the ambassador promoting the selection and hiring of experienced pros (including a discussion of the Certification process) and demonstrating the CEDIA member search system.

Then the ambassador could back up the visit to the market with a AIA or HBA meeting/seminar on reducing the (perceived) pain of working with an electronics integrator... and then the last part of the three=pronged attack would be a polished CEDIA press release sent to each of the print outlets in the market that has been modified specifically for that market.

How about this kind of effort toward increasing awareness in the top 100 markets Nationwide??

THAT kind of representation would be worth $600 per company, per year...

This message was edited by 2nd rick on 08/28/05 18:57 ET.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse