Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 21, 2005 at 13:18
Iago
Lurking Member
October 2005
Greetings

First I want to admit that I obviously did not do my research before getting myself into this situation. So after you guys have a good chuckle, I would really appreciate any suggestions for my problem. I've read dozens of threads in these forums and I am convinced that if I am going to find a solution anywhere it is going to be here.

A couple of weeks ago I went out and bought the Omnimount Articulating Plasma Mount (apparently my first mistake after reading through the forums) but I did not pay attention to the spacing requirement of the studs. The mount was designed to be bolted into two 16" spaced wood studs with 3 lag bolts on each side. The problem is that the studs in my walls are 24" apart. In other threads, I've read how people are using plywood and togglers when no studs are present, but I don't think that is stable enough for a mount with an articulating arm. I have a few ideas, but they are more involving then I would like them to be and I not sure what the end result would be. Besides, I would really like to hear what the pros would do. Any suggestions?

Hosting Services by ipHouse