The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 2, 2005 at 18:25
Ted Wetzel
Founding Member
November 2001
Over the past month I've been rewiring my second floor for high voltage. which has turned out to be the most difficult fishing I've ever done in my life. 12/3 really can be more of a pain then I ever knew.
Anyway back on point. I'm debating on using a simple 120V smoke detector system from Kiddie or calling in some favors and putting in a full burglar/fire alarm in the house.
Security isn't a huge issue but I do live a couple miles down the road from 250,000 of my closest friends so it certainly would be nice to have door contacts active at night. But my real thought was to put a decent fire alarm in. 115 year old wood tends to go up rather quickly and we're hoping to have kids in the house soon, so now is the time to do it. The system from Kiddie has a nice bonus of having low voltage lights in the alarms that light up when their triggered and will run on the backup battery if the power fails. Built in emergency lighting. I haven' t seen anything like this on the low voltage alarm side but I gaurentee some of you have done emergency lighting in houses, without using big blinking exit signs. Or is the only realistic option to tie an alarm panel into a lighting control system?

Hosting Services by ipHouse