The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday November 3, 2005 at 22:17
ejfiii
Select Member
July 2003
Let me try to actually answer your question and concern, and not lecture you on the merits of the technology. Cable cards, even one way, are great - when they work. Who the F wants a huge HD cable box in the bedroom when we hang a nice LCD on the wall? Ummm, no one. Who the F cares about on demand and the guide when the promise of not having a big cable box in the room to hide is floating around out there? Again, no one.

I have had three Sharp LCDs in my lab and none of them ever worked right with the cable cards. They worked fine for a spell, then comblast did something with the network and poof - there they go. But there is a known issue between the sharp lcds and the cable cards. To the point where we dont sell sharp anymore because of it.

Have done one JVC LCD recently when it worked - and continues to work fine. So that is what we're speccing for cable card jobs now. Having gone around with both the cable company and sharp for the better part of year on this, I know a lot about the issues and this is the first time I have heard of a Sammy not working with one. It could be an isolated issue with your TV. If you have tried 6 cable cards with no luck, then maybe you can get them a different TV to try? Otherwise, I would say be happy that the digital channels are working on it. Are the HD channels also working? It sounds like the premium movie channels are the only ones that arent. Tell him he's lucky and be happy he doesn't have a big cable box to hide in order to watch the HD and digital channels.

Good luck.

PS- we now have a clause in our contract that states we are not responsible for cable cards working properly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse