The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday November 4, 2005 at 13:35
Jimdon
Long Time Member
June 2005
Using a Denon DRA-395 Stereo Receiver, DCM-380 CD-Changer, and Speakercraft 12 and 6 pair speaker selector boxes we are powering a wall of speakers with 15 pair of speakers. AudioQuest Type 4 wire from the Receiver to speaker selector boxes. The original intent was to use this area of the showroom to finalize speaker choices for D/A and to demo the differences in speakers. We felt it was important for the client to see that we are using the same source devices, not tricking anything up to make the more expensive speakers sound better. With 15 pair of speakers and 18 available on the speaker selector boxes I decided to try a wire demo to see if it could help increase premium wire sales.

Our AudioQuest rep had come in previously and did a demo where he had different speaker wire on banana plugs and kept plugging in, unplugging, etc. I decided to try and duplicate his demo but didn't want to do the plug in, unplug bit. I took the empty channels on the speaker selector box and ran the AudioQuest wire to the screw down terminals of 3 pair of tower speakers and ran a generic 14 gauge wire to the same speakers connected with banana plugs. In the sales process talk about the difference quality cables makes. Then to demo this we use a jazz cd with a full range of sound and a dave matthews cd. By selecting speaker 1 on the speaker selector box I am activating a pair of Def Tech BP7006 with the generic speaker wire. Start the track on the cd over again so the client is listening to the exact same music and choose speaker 2 on the speaker selector box. This activates the same Def Tech BP7006's but using the AudioQuest wire. The difference in quality, especially at the low end is amazing. This is done with 3 different pair of speakers at vastly different price points. By having these different price point speakers the wire demo is given more credibility since the difference is noticed across the board.

I do not have an interconnect A/B comparison setup, but have found that by demonstrating the speaker wire difference I have built up credibility across the board and can upsell any interconnects fairly easily. When the 21 year old girl I have working part-time can talk about quality wire and demo the differences it really speaks volumes to the professionalism of the company as a whole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse