Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Friday November 4, 2005 at 11:33
Jimdon
Long Time Member
June 2005
On 11/02/05 12:21 ET, Trip109 said...
JimDon

Sounds nice (and like quite an investment)!

I would love to hear about any sales success you
have within the showroom, particularly in reagrds
to upselling, etc..

It sounds like you are maintaining retail hours,
yes?

It was quite an investment. I was able to work out deals with many manufacturers above and beyond their normal showroom discount for demo equipment. This really helped me get more accomplished and stay within budget. We are keeping retail hours until the showroom becomes more established then I see us going to by appointment only. 10-7 m-f and 10-5 on Sat.

The biggest upsell opportunity I have noticed is in cabling. Using a Stereo Receiver and CD player, we wired 3 pair of speakers with generic 14 gauge speaker wire and AudioQuest Type 4 wire. One wire is screwed down and the other with banana plug. Using a speaker selector box to choose which pair of speaker and which wire is being used we are able to demo the sound quality difference. This has resulted in a large increase in our premium speaker wire sales.

I was a retailer in a previous life and those skills are really coming in hand with the showroom. If anyone needs any advice from a retail aspect please feel free to email me and I will help anyway I can.

Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse