Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Sunday October 23, 2005 at 21:10
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
When is it and what is the price of hotels in Anahem?

When I took Michael Tinsberg's course on digital video he made the same point about testing cables when running them. Few who have ever had the privellege of being in the same class as I will believe how strangely silent I was at this class. Yet here I did speak up and ask how might one test a cable with no pins if one did not own a portable oscilliscope --and given the 7k cost that is an item I suspect will be found in too many trucks pulling cable. He suggested keeping a small TV and HDMI DVD player in the truck. "Will this guarantee success with the actuall display and digital sources we will likely to install on this job", I added as a follow up. Not in all cases, was his response.

He did claim that with his cables you could go 75 ft and with his repeater and 2 of his 75 foot cables you could succussfully manage EDID and HDCP. I am no fan of the subjuctive in any language except in the case when a doctor is informing me that I probably will not need penacillin shots. Yet this is the case we find ourselves. With the possibility that the new D* DVR/IRDs may only have HDMI a possibility we may need to take more trial by fire risks. Love this job, hate the industry.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse