The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday October 19, 2005 at 10:55
juliejacobson
CE Pro Magazine
April 2003
Well, our HDMI guru, who does some freelancing for CE Pro, has this to say about the various HDMI threads. His name is Jeffrey Boccaccio, www.invisiontech.com.

[Link: remotecentral.com]?
6383,new#new
The first question I would have would be how long the cable was. I would run the system with a short 1 meter HDMI cable to not only test the cable but also the length.
It could also be an HDCP issue or even a "Hot Plug" problem that is mandatory for the HDMI Rev1.1. This is a 5 volt DC voltage that is used to inform the sink of presents. That would be the first place to start.
The serial port that is used for the HDCP is a standard I2C comm link that can be shared by many logical controllers and DSP's in a unit. Sony may be doing something here, being that source and sink are made by them. That is a possibility, I can only guess at this. Let's do the tests and see where we fall.

[Link: remotecentral.com]
My first suspect here would be the EDID communication was either not taking place or the HDMI cable was defective and this line was open.
Again, try a new cable, preferable one that has been used and proven.
The EDID is the "plug and play" com port that notifies the source what the native resolution is. It may be that the display is either not sending the data or is not making it to the source. Let's try the cable first. It is the easiest. Then we can go from there. We may also want spec,s on the products being used.

he invites more questions. At some point I'll get him on this thread so he can respond directly.
"CEPro: your website sucks!" - Fins
www.cepro.com
[Link: twitter.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse