Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday March 1, 2006 at 21:43
oex
April 2004
A few of you guys mentioned that you hate selling. I think maybe you have the wrong interpretation of selling. A good salesman will sell the client everything he needs and wants and nothing that he doesn't. If you take the time to educate your client about the differences between a 63" Fujitsu and a 61" NEC plasmas and he chooses to spend the dough on the big dog, Are you guilty of anything? Nope. You did your job. Now if you say the NEC is crap and the only panel to have is the Fujitsu, then you did your client a dis service.

If you are honest and straightup with your customers they will realize that AND THAT will become your reputation. Take the time to educate prospects then let them make the choice. You see, if you can spend time to educate you customers several things will happen.

First the client will learn something. Second, it will allow for a little repoire to be developed and lastly it will allow for trust to be established. Trust is the key. Once they trust you, they will listen to your recomendations BUT DONT EVER SCREW THEM.

My clients are very smart people. Once you build the relationship your in great shape. They will be your sales force and you'll never have to resort to sleazy sales techniques that we all friggin hate. I wont sell some brands of cables or certain lines of speakers because there is little value in the premium price paid. Educating is more fun than selling anyway. Once the eduction is over, the client can sell themselves with your guidance.

Man - was I rambling again??
Diplomacy is the art of saying hire a pro without actually saying hire a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse