Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 16, 2006 at 18:23
Instalz
April 2005
Hi guys. Where to start. I looked at a job today at a water park that has some problems. The park used to have a 70v audio system. Last summer they installed an 8 ohm system. Problem is, there 12 channel amp keeps blowing. It will run for about 3 hours, then shut down. This is why I was called.
The old 70v system which is still in place had a bogen c-100 amp with a total of 13 horns run throughout the park. The system went down last summer. The cause of the system going down as I found out today was that the 1st horn in the system was dead. The new system has a Pheonix Gold MX-1260 amp with 14 proficient audio 500 series speakers.
The longest wire run in the new system is about 400 feet.
My first thought even though I have never done it is too put transformers in at each speaker, and convert it to 70 volt. Most of the new speakers were placed near/next too the old 70 volt horns. Also, the old 70 volt amp was housed in the same building as the source equipment (am/fm receiver, external hard drive with mp3's) the new Pheonix gold amp is housed in another building about 20 feet away. The source equipment is tied to the amp via a cat5e run and baluns. The reason they did it this way was that it split the distance of the speaker wire runs.
So, let me hear your thoughts on this...
Basically, the owner of the park got a quote last summer for a new 70v system that was 22,000. He paniced, and bought the new equipment, and had his manager install it. They suffered threw the season with the amp blowing every 3 hours.
Thanks for the help guys. Bobby,,,

Hosting Services by ipHouse