Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday March 17, 2006 at 20:54
GotGame
February 2002
Thank you Late Night Bill on the HD-SDI information. At least I have better insight into that portion of it, even though I don't like it! Two BNCs are so much easier to deal with.

My Point with those needling questions was to see how lame the response would be and to show dissatisfaction with the cable, connector and incompatibility with some products. This could become even a bigger time waster when it comes to set top boxes. The only way to make a change is to let your voice be heard, if you feel it falls on deaf ears...so be it. It makes me feel better to say those words.

[quote]You have any idea what it takes to design a cable system to pass speeds of 1.66GHz where every signal MUST ARRIVE AT THE EXACT SAME INSTANT, give or take a few nanoseconds? You CANNOT field terminate this cable. Half the cables made in China on molds cannot pass. [/quote] Do you really believe this stuff you spew? IF Frequency was the only criteria, I have a Sh!tload of RG6 that is rated at 3.00GhZ, but that is not the only criteria now is it? So the chinese are wasting half of their cables? Really Alan, I have never known any Chinese too waste much of anything!

So Boeing is the only company that knows how to fly as well huh?

XM and Sirius use the SMB connector, which has ben around for years and is a modification (quick release) of the SMA, which has been around since I was using them in RF circuits in High School, decades ago. So... what else has the HDMI connector been used in except our wallets and patients ?

BrentM, The HDMI connector my be in YOUR future for 5/8years, but it won't be in mine unless necessary. Adapters will be made, they always are when situations necessitate the need. Now, if adaptation is part of the class curriculum, that would be usefull.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Hosting Services by ipHouse