The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday March 13, 2006 at 18:45
threetle
Long Time Member
October 2005
Hello and thank you for the replys. I did not recieve an email from you Ruddy2, howeverI managed to figure out a solution on site. My problem stemmed from having to send the exact same source commands and same vol, mute....to the different zone ins on the xantech. I have six zones and have assigned the 1- 6 zone inputs to the 1-6 ports on the rf300. In the case of the bed and bath on one remote, my problem was that I needed to send commands (turn zone on, source,volume...) from port 1 to zone 1, for the bedroom, and the exact same commands from port 2 to zone 2 for the bathroom. So what I did is add two instances of the Xantech. On page one (bed control only) in the main it is labled something like sat, cd, dvd,tuner... Xan1. On page 2 under main I labled it sat2,cd2..Xan2. The sources themselves weren't the problem as it didn't matter what port the ir was sent out of, however I assigned Xan1 to port 1 (using macros, I knew volume, source select.... was only coming out of port 1 so only feeding zone 1 in the xantech) and the same with zone two. So the ports in this instance are extremely important, otherwise the xantech would turn the wrong room on. I suppose the layout is questionable as the customer will have to hit main then page to get to page 2(where it says cd2, dvd2... to control zone 2, I am sure some of you must have a more efficient and simple way to run 2 zones off one remote, but this was one way I was able to figure out

Hosting Services by ipHouse