The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 13, 2006 at 06:53
threetle
Long Time Member
October 2005
Hello. I have a little problem and was hoping some of you clever people can come up with a solution. My customer wants one remote for two zones and I am using the mx850 with the 300 base station. I am controlling a Xantech multiroom pre. I just realised that in the page where you assign what channel you want the rf to come out of, there is only one choice for Main. Hopefully I can make this a bit more clear. I have page 1 on the main page for zone 1 (bedroom), and page 2 on main for bathroom. I want everything from page 1 to come out of emmiter 1 (to only switch zone 1 on Xantech), and everything out of Main page 2 to come out of emmiter 2 (to switch zone 2 on Xantech). I have doubled up on all of the sources, for example Sat on page 1(only coming out of emitter 1), and Sat2 on page 2,(only coming out of emitter2). I suppose the questions I am asking are
1. If I put a macro on page 2 (Sat2) which says jump to sat2 page then send a code to switch sources on the xantech, will it come out of emitter 2 (if Sat2 is assigned to emitter 2)
2. Does anyone know if when you send a macro from a main page(for example a code from Sat2 ) is the macro sent out of the emitter assigned to the Main page (1)or the emitter assigned to the source (2)
3. Can anyone think of a solution to do two zones from the remote that is easy to use?

I realise this is terribly confusing and I am not being too clear on what I want to do, but I am hoping some of you may understand what I am trying to ask. Thanks in advance

Hosting Services by ipHouse