The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday May 14, 2006 at 23:19
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
I agree. And I'm pretty bad when it comes to grammer and spelling etc.

What concerns me, is the low level of writing skills the kids coming out of High School have. Our educational system used to be at the top of the heap back in the late fifties early sixties.... Now we are around #27.

I live not too far from Microsoft, and it is amazing how many middle eastern employees they have working there now. The reason being, is that those countries & cultures are really putting the pressure on education. The kids in India are a hot-bed of top-notch software engineers, and programmers. They are better educated, and are basically starting to kick ass in the tech - sector.

The U.S. is generally letting itself get dummed - down, and nobody seems to be doing much about it, except that Bill & Melinda Gates are working on making changes, raising our awareness of our horrible educational facilities and attitiudes "over here", and trying to figure out a game plan to help turn things around.

Our public schools for the most part (there are exceptions in the wealthier suburbs), are so bad. My son is in high school, and to go to that school and walk the hallways, and see the lack of control that the teachers have, and lack of respect the kids have is really pretty upsetting...

"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse