The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 8, 2006 at 23:15
oex
April 2004
OK. What would you guys do.

I did a quote last June. Got a deposit and prewired in July. Get equipment payment in October as they need to be 100% done by November 1, 2005. I purchase all gear including Middle Atlantic slim 5 rack. Four weeks later homeowners says skip the rack. FF to March 1st. The job is almost ready, I install all recessed speakers prior to finished floors. I then complete install around April 15th. I send line item final bill tracking line by line from the original quote. I eat price increases on a few things. Upgrade mrf250 to 300 since it finally got released (After quote) for no additional charge. I don't even charge a restock on the slim 5 which I still have and probably will for some time. Its a short one.

Anyway I get a fax saying he doesn't think he owes me as much as my bill says. Here's where the major bonehead move comes in. I review my original proposal and guess what. Excel didn't add the top 2 lines of the theater section and the top 3 lines of the audio portion of the quotes, leaving the bottom line total $2570 light of the true summation of the line items.

How would you guys handle this?
Diplomacy is the art of saying hire a pro without actually saying hire a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse