The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 22, 2006 at 21:54
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
Any of you think this is a weird thread coming from me?

I guess I've been a bit slammy in some of my comments but the problem is....
A. This is a public forum and
B. The tone of my comments can never be determined in type.

Recently my good friends at one of my distributors really stepped up to the plate and helped me through a big problem. They did so not because they were forced to but because I have a twelve year relationship with them. They then let me know that some of the comments I've made here have been hurtful and they took them personally.

When you deal with someone in a professional relationship its always a little give and take. I don't agree with some of the policies that certain distributors have and I'm very vocal (or whatever you call someone who types a lot). It's so easy to forget though, that those same people who will stick up for you in a product dispute, take back an item they don't have to, lend you product for a show, feed you free lunches and get you together with manufacturers for trainings, give you access to lines you could never purchase direct, offer their condolences when an ex business partner gives it to you without lubricant, give you free CEDIA concert tickets and even let you slide a few weeks on payments... can be hurt... even if you are trying to be humorous. A few offhanded comments about selling to anyone with a pulse, etc. may seem funny in front of a keyboard but I guess its obvious now that they can erode a relationship thats taken years to build.

Ultimately we're all in the business. I did a search of my recent comments and didn't find many... but did locate a few. If one distributor doesn't open up the latest guy who bought a used astro and came up with a catchy name... the next one will so why shouldn't they all have access to the same clients. My last diatribe was only meant to say that the landscape is NOT going to change and that we, as a collective need to value our own time and knowledge as our own most important asset and BILL for it. The day may come when any client can buy almost anything we sell for the same price and we'll be left to integration... those of us who can embrace this stand the best chance of continuing on.

To anyone I've angered or hurt with posts here... consider this a heartfelt apology and a real thanks for helping me develop my business and watching my back.

Roland

Hosting Services by ipHouse