The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday June 24, 2006 at 01:11
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
OUCH! So, what you are saying is you are still owed $3,000?

I would distance myself from the aquaintance - and let the h/o & builder know this, and make it clear to the builder exactly what happened. Builders see this crap happen a lot with other trades as well, and since you finished the job, hopefully he'll keep working with you, based upon your integrity - although chances might be pretty slim.

Did your aquaintance invoice the customer using YOUR company name, or was he representing himself as a contractor???!!!

Basically that is fraud / theft... if he didn't supply any materials or do any work on the job... If you take him to court, he'll get a good spanking, but will he have anything or be able to pay you back anything??? He sounds like he's pretty out of control, if he is willing to screw an old friend, and put you in such a bad position... (Any drug or alchohal problems)??? Maybe if he loses in court, you could take his car or any other stuff of any possible value..?

Find out where he lives, and key his car at least! LOL

I hate to be so dense, but what is an "ensign"???

I had an aquaintance pre-wire a huge home for me once... He ran speaker wire to all of the ph & network locations (same color wire)... Then he disappeared, and I was stuck with the repairs, and lost the builder forever...

I should have had him sign a sub-contractor agreement of some sort to cover myself, but I always used to like to do things on a handshake basis... Pretty dumb I know!!!
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse