Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 20, 2006 at 01:46
BigWood
January 2004
Please no laughing in the isles, no rolling on the floor. I have searched this fourm and have come up empty handed. I was always taught that if I had a question, ask it and move on, do not be afraid.

What do you good people use to measure cable tv signal strength, and is it affordable?

I have a signal problem in my home and i am tired of hearing that it is "my wiring".
My wiring is fine, hook directly to feed from street, same probblem.

I want to have my own measurments when "Larry the butt crack cable guy" shows up to try to condem my many hours of sweatin in the attic. Everything is homerun with a spool of their own cable that accidently fell off his truck.

Problem is on some channels on my boxes i am getting no picture or severley pixilated one. On the analog channles hooked direct to tv (no box) the picture comes in fuzzy on the same channels, my deduction, poor signal. My neighbor is bitching also of the same thing.

I love information, love obtaining it, and like to have my facts before I run my hole.

There is all kinds of stuff for reading and finding satalites, but not much out there labled for cable strength.

Am I thinking about this to hard, cause its hurting. I just want some factual peice of mind before I waste a day waiting for cable guy to show up.

Am I also possibly missing something stupid that maybe i did that should be pointed out to me before I make that call? I don't think so, but maybe.

I know this is way basic for you guys & gals and appreciate any help I can get.

Mike

Be Good Humans

Hosting Services by ipHouse