The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday January 7, 2008 at 20:02
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
The slide was from Toshibas Press conference at CES and is for HD players (BD/HD DVD)

Obviously Toshiba put as positive a spin as possible (we sold more players then any other manufacturer)

The reason I added it here with this particular title was that OTAHD started this thread when Walmart, BB and Amazon had the 99$ sale on the A2s (in early Nov.). He also said that he thought at that price point many HD DVD players would be sold and that would eventually offset the disk sales

I just found it interesting that not only the give away was not enough to increase the SAP difference (in order to narrow the disk difference), not only was it not enough to keep the margins it had at the end of Q3 (54% for HD DVD) but not even enough to keep HD DVD>50% (which means that in Q4 more SAP BD players where sold then HD DVD)

DBrown: LG is in the slide look at the legend, it is the thin light blue slice beside the Toshiba at the top

OEX: I think everyone knows HD DVD disk sales don’t compare to BD (which is why WB gave up on it). But the latest public numbers are
(for week ending Dec 23)
64% YTD and 62% SI in favour of BD.

Hosting Services by ipHouse