The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 16, 2005 at 13:17
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
Install for a client with all his own newly purchased gear, including mount. 150 lb. TV with an Omni Mount Plasma CL (articulating so the plasma would be flush with the front lines of the entertainment cabinetry) rated for 150 lbs. Initial thought: Omni, obviously wanting to stay clear of any courtrooms, will have engineered this mount for MORE than 150 lbs. to be on the safe side.

As the install progressed and I continually adjusted the up/down tilt to get the TV parallel to the front faces of the cabinet, I began to doubt my initial thought. When finally in the right place, the plate had to be tilted "up" about 10 degrees unloaded, meaning with the TV hung, it was sagging that much. Plus, the friction fit of the tilt mechanism required tightening mercilessly to keep the tilt from drifting... I fear weakening the little weeny hex screws there.

Finally recommended *in writing* to the client that they change to a sturdier mount and spoke separately to the wife and husband my concerns of the safety of the mount.

The nicest articulating mount I've used was a Sanus with a really decent tilt adj with plasma in place (as opposed to pulling the plasma off the mount, adjust, check ad nauseum). The 200 lb version has two articulating arms - that would make me feel a lot better.

Any comments on the Plasma CL mount?
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse