Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Tuesday October 3, 2006 at 11:16
Audible Solutions
March 2004
In the first place, Ernie, the thread is not about whether we should put an oaciloscope on wire run in prewire but in wether the specifications for wire manufacturers provide are accurate on items in the field. Have you ever tested a wire? Neither have I. But this relative is a value added manufacturer and his systems demand that each product be tested. In fact,Ernie, your postion is full of **** if you are suspecting that by virture of a typo this thread would have been shorter. It was an aside and irrelavant to the nature of the original post--which is that contrary to the posted specifications Mogami tested significantly better than Belden--And you damned well knew that I meant Belden despite the typo. I'd further suggest that your equally poorly worded response with respect to my incorect math about the value of the 1694A @ 100 ft being speaker wire does not foreswear your own failings.

Point: Does Belden model X wire measure 8 IRE down at 100 ft irrespective of the manufacturer specification. Does the same footage of Magomi measure only 1 IRE down.

I sent an email to my relative and if he responds I'll continue the thread. If he informs me of the two wire models he tested and specifically tells me how he measured the IRE I'll post. Other than that I'd suggest that as many have Belden 1694A in stock that they cut a 100 ft length and put a 100 IRE white field down it and measure its response. Do I think it possible that this is true? Was I surprised at learning this information? Think maybe that was the reason for the post.

I'd wager that I am more clear than most when posting and I'd futher suggest that Ernie, like everyone, else ought to have understood the meaning even with the "not" left out. To focus on a typo and miss the point that a wire measured in real world conditions did not come close to the manfacturer's posted specifications is significant and deserves more attention than Ernies school marmish criticisms warrant. And Ernie, I'll happily supply you with my password so you can spell check my posts. As for THON, well, it's THON and intelligence and THON are a Boolean NOR gate. Ernie Keep you mind on what matters and it's not a missing "not" on an aside. The issue is not should we place an osciloscope on every wire we run but his reporting the piss poor performance of the Belden cable he had and measured. And you can moo till the cow comes home if I mistype Belden, as well; Nothing here is to be published per se. If you spell better than I bully for you. Everyone understood the point, and I suspect so did you. I'll accept the incredulty of QQQ and others. But Bill certainly understood my pont as did Steve. So why focus on the unimportant? To do so is to mislead. You post how you'd like and I'll post with spelling errors and occasional typos. If that's too much for your brain to deal with then skip the post. The point is not that every word is spelled correctly or that there are no typos. Nor is it that I misquoted a specification as I cited where it could be found so you could check it for yourself. The point is about the manufacturer's stated specifications and if they the wire we actually purchase lives up to the posted specification. Now that is important, I'd wager; far more important than if I spell Belden correctly or if I leave out a word form a sentance. Otherwise leave the foolishness to THON. You may try to be as foolish as THON and focus on what is irreleavant but I would have thought better of you. School marmish criticisms are beneath you when a more weighty matter is up for discussion--and everyone understood this point, even you.

Last edited by Audible Solutions on October 3, 2006 11:30.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse