The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday November 12, 2006 at 03:22
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On November 11, 2006 at 04:49, TTT said...
I have seen brackets with plain PZ3 security bolts that
needed a screwdriver 500mm long to access (fitted to a
Fujitsu 55" I think). First time out, I didn't have one
long enough. Only really an issue with panels 50" and
above.

Exactly. The first plasma I did, I think a Fujitsu, required a simple phillips screw to be tightened, but from about 15" away. I found a set of three 24" or so long screwdrivers for something like ten dollars at Home Depot, and they have been with me since.

On November 11, 2006 at 09:28, tca said...
Do most brackets use security bolts that require a long
allen wrench? I don't have a long allen wrench set.
Should I purchase a set? If so, do you recommend any
in particular? Thanks.

Back when I was still bothering to fight Omnimounts, and the instructions told you (as they still do) to place the wall piece such that you can't reach into the bolt from below with the supplied tool, I bought a ratchet set bit that would fit into that bolt and a 16" long 1/4" ratchet drive extension. This method has been invaluable. I slip the bit in from below, hold the speaker in place, and crank away.

In fact, if I had to, I could use that extension, a ratchet to 1/4" hex drive adaptor, and a phillips bit to take care of the situation I describe above.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse