The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Saturday December 8, 2007 at 20:49
audio4
Lurking Member
September 2007
Are the terms DVD RECORDER.DVR,PVR,DVD RECORDER WITH HARD DRIVE interchangeable? I am old school(open reel tape recorder old) and I am looking for a machine that is as easy to use as a VCR(remember them?), with tv tuner, preferably with HDD(storage space is not too important). What IS important is that the unit uses different types of discs(+/-, r. r/w, 1/2 layerd, 1/2 sided) in some combination. Also it MUST be able to record a MACROVISION encoded disc as sent to it by my dvd player, OR my computer which can play BOTH CP and NON CP discs. The copying process should be no more difficult than useing 2 vcrs as I do often. If my DREAM machine does not exist, than I will just bag the whole idea and stay with tape! I can*t tell the difference in quality anyway! For me the basic avantage to disc is the inherint convieniance of editing before final copying to disc, nothing more. I would use 2 non hdd machines with tv tuner just as I would use 1 hdd machine. The results are the same albeit a little less convienent with the former. Why does this new technology have to be so confuseing and difficult? What happened to the days when you coul buy a product, look at it for 2 minuits, and operate it? Without haveing to spend 2 weeks reading an endless owners manual that might have been written in LATIN or GREEK? Remember them?

Hosting Services by ipHouse