The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 66 made on Friday January 19, 2007 at 01:03
Defined AV
Long Time Member
December 2005
On January 12, 2007 at 16:12, Marky_Mark896 said...
Anyone see the new Pioneer plasma's that they are saying
has 80% better blacks than the current models? Guys on
AVS are drooling over the comparison pictures, and I was
wondering what you guys thought?

I am amazed you are the only one commenting on this. I was one of the lucky ones to see it and it was such a leap in picture quality over traditional plasmas.

The best black shadow detail I have ever seen in any digital display device. The image was three dimensional & popped off the screen. Letterboxed bars were deep black so much in the fact you could not see the bars when there was a dark scene. It was very CRT like but with resolution only a 1080P image could provide. Colors were breathtaking deep & intense.

Screen surface was redone not nearly as reflective very little glare. Looked great even in ambient light. Contrast was still excellent when there was light in the room.

Pioneer told me that contrast was better than 20,000 to 1. Actually their buzz phrase was that is unmeasurable. Pricing to be close to existing plasma pricing now. Will not be an elite only product. Available this summer by 2Q

Pioneer really blew it by how they presented it. Special presentation room only would seat 30 people at a time. Demo time 15 minutes 5 minutes between presentatiions so only 90 people an hour or less than 750 a day.

When I first went by the booth there were hundreds of people in line. Can you imagine standing in line for hours to see this one presentation when we can barely cover the show in the time alloted. The truly sad thing is out of all the people in line how many actually sold plasma televisions.

I came to the demo the last day of the show 1 hour before closing. The room was half full mostly with some press & Pioneer engineers.

To sum it up I left the demo speechless & a little numb. This technology is not just a little improvement it is a major leap in digital display technologies. I am already hesitant to provide my clients higher end traditional plasma technologies when this is coming down the pike.

Yes its that good.

Hosting Services by ipHouse