Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 7, 2007 at 01:49
JamesInLV
Lurking Member
May 2007
Hello,

I hope someone here can help. I'm burying all my equipment in a cabinet, and I picked up the Channel Vision IR-5000 kit they just released. It was the perfect package solution, including the receiver, block, power supply and ir blasters all in one combo for a great price from Smarthome. Everything works perfectly except for my SA 8300HD box. I can point either my Harmony 880 or the included remote directly at the 8300 and it works perfectly. I can point either remote at the IR-5000 receiver, within a couple feet and straight at it, and everything also works perfectly. But at even a slight angle and from my couch (about 13 feet away), I get intermittent response at best. ALL of my other equipment works perfectly except for this. This equipment includes: Denon 2806 AV receiver, old Yamaha cd player, 5-yr old Sony DVD player, Xbox 360. The TV is a new Samsung HL-T6187S, which is a rear-projection, DLP TV with an LED light engine.

Could the TV be interferring like Plasma TVs do? The receiver in the IR-5000 package is supposed to be okay around Plasma TVs. I've also heard the SA boxes run at a high frequency, and someone mentioned some 56k frequency modulator to fix things. I'm not sure that is an option for me since this was a fairly complete combo package, but spending a little more to get separate components and having everything work perfectly with my devices would be worth it.

Thanks for the help!
James

Hosting Services by ipHouse