The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday May 2, 2007 at 11:24
Paul Young
Long Time Member
February 2007
There is a larger theme I read on this thread of "where in my lineup does NetStreams fall?" That's an interesting and valid question. We don't see DigiLinX as a system that someone buying totally on cost buys ("give me the cheapest you got!"), nor do we see DigiLinX as a system someone who buys totally on feature gets ("I need a 100% customized system with a display that comes out of my indoor waterfall while my bed carved from a solid block of mahogany rises from a hidden chamber in the floor"). We are aiming DigiLinX somewhere in-between.

Our vision for DigiLinX is a system that scales. Not just in "up to X zones," but that it can help you scale your business in terms of number of jobs you can do or profitability of the jobs you take on. System programmers are expensive to keep on staff, or can be expensive to hire per job. Some code you can reuse, some you can't. By making all the stuff we integrate with a config job that you can point-and-click to finish, we aim to make you more productive and faster.

The dealers we have seen be successful with DigiLinX use it as a middle offering between their budget system and a "mega" system, or as a top end system if they don't do Crestron or AMX. There are lots of jobs out there where a full on Crestron or AMX system may be overkill.

It's a really personal/business choice - if your comfort level another system is high enough that it can be your solution for all sizes/types of jobs, maybe DigiLinX isn't the right choice for you. NetStreams' systems do a lot today, but only a tiny fraction of what we are going to do in the years ahead, so like with any system you are partially betting on the come. If you're on the fence, keep your eye on NetStreams, maybe try out a training. We're 100% focused on the custom installed market and making you guys the "acolytes of IP" to the World.

I'm biased b/c I'm here, but FWIW I bet my family's future on NetStreams, and left a multi-billion $ company in Cisco to come over. I'd never have done that if I didn't really think that NetStreams had a genuine shot at changing the way that people think about custom.
Paul Young, Director of Product Management for NetStreams
www.netstreamsu.com - NetStreams University
www.netstreamsforums.com - NetStreams Official Dealer Community

Hosting Services by ipHouse