The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Wednesday May 2, 2007 at 05:43
Michael Braithwaite
Lurking Member
May 2007
Well this certainly has been a very interesting thread to say the least. My good friend and esteemed colleague Buzz Goddard pointed me to the site and this thread and said take a look.

Well first I would like to thank all the dealers who believe in where we are gong with the products. I also would like to say thanks to anyone who has installed or used any of our products and without you we would not be able to continue to develop state of the art audio and video solutions.

For those who feel our wiring topology is faulty or misguided I would direct your attention to the following link [Link: ce.org]

Every Distributed Audio product NetStreams offers is based on the ANSI/CEA 2030 worldwide Multi-Room Audio wiring standard. We feel this wiring standard is very important for some compelling reasons, Such as any Audio system on the market can be installed with this type of wiring infrastructure, the system can be centrally based amplification, or Distributed based Amplification. In either system following this standard will allow for maximum flexibility for your systems to be installed, as well as design choices that can be decided on after the pre-wire has been installed.

In our Vision we feel that all installed speaker will migrate from passive analog speakers to active all digital networked speakers. If you agree with this one statement then pre-wiring your distributed audio jobs with the 2030 in mind can make this a reality when and if the client wants to add, change remove or update any room wired in this fashion.

As far as amplifiers at NetStreams, all of our amplifiers are designed to go with the speaker, or at least as close to the speaker as possible. If you have heard a demo of the Polk 265ip, or any of the demo’s with our system utilizing our DSP’s for all filter arraignments and optimization I think you will find that not only do we produce a better frequency response, dynamic range, channel separation, and signal to noise ratio, but the overall imaging, staging and accuracy is night and day different, this is not possible with a central “Rack Mounted” amplifier located hundreds of feet from the speakers.
Some to our Lab located at 3600 W. Parmer Lane in Austin, or ask your NetStreams Rep to bring a demo to your office.

If you choose not to mount the amplifier by the speaker you are not going to achieve the kinds of acoustic performance that your customers want.

We are not perfect, but we do correct any issues that are found, we are fast to do this. I have read many times about how great Crestron products are, and they do have some great solution and they have some very good people, I know most all of them personally, but to say that NetStreams is the only advanced system that needs updates and our Dealer setup is updated often is a little bit of a stretch. Any complex networked system utilizes hundreds of protocols and lots of lines of code. Crestron as well as most every control company has engineers that are constantly and consistently making improvements and this means updates, every good system out there has the ability to use such a scaleable system such as DigiLinX. Crestron produces updates to Simpl, VTPro, and firmware on a weekly and sometimes daily basis so stating that we are working to make the system even better or fixing a new bug will be an ongoing issue as we are always looking to improve our products.

Anyone that has ANY issues with sound quality or performance should make plans to attend CEDIA this year in Denver. Come over to our booth and audition for yourself, the power of all Digital distribution, DSP filters performed all in the digital realm. We will demonstrate the difference between a central amplifier and our Distributed approach. We will A/B the same speakers and you can judge for yourself.

One more thing before I step down from the soapbox, NetStreams is a company full of people from THE CUSTOM INSTALLATION industry. We have some of the best and brightest from many companies such as Lexicon, Crestron, Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, Sonance, Apple, GE, Dell, Intel, Texas Instruments, and Cisco. The people we have are from this industry, live and breathe this industry because we love what we are doing and yes we do want to save the world from bad audio.

We listen to what our customers and this is why we have upgraded the Musica audio components to 96k 128-bit precision. We have added state of the art DSP’s to allow for some optimization. If you have not had a chance to hear the new Music Keypads, please ask for a test drive. I do not know of a dealer who has worked with the new Musica keypads that has not been absolutely amazed with the sound quality.

NetStreams is here for you, we have a very good group of techs in our technical services group that can help you with any issue you may have at [email protected]

If you have an issue with any of our products and you feel you have not been helped out please contact me with your issue at [email protected] and I assure you I will track down the problem and get you with the right people.

Best Regards,

Michael Braithwaite
NetStreams

Hosting Services by ipHouse