The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday April 26, 2007 at 23:07
QQQ
January 2002
Buzz,

I don't need convincing in that regard. One of the reasons I'm so attracted to NetStreams is that matrix switchers are just so 20th century :-)! But that's only one part of the equation.

As an example, I just sold a customer a Crestron system. It started out as a replacement of an AudioEase system. As the customer has gotten excited it has grown and is now asking me what else we can add/do. And because I have a Crestron system in place the answer is a lot. We've got in-wall touchscreens, we've got handheld remotes, now we've added more wireless TPMC-8X touchscreens. And next comes lighting and climate. Now I know you now have integration with SOME of those things but with Crestron we can paint the canvas however we please. And contrary to what is sometimes suggested that does NOT mean we have to completely reinvent the wheel on every job or be programming for 4 weeks.

If I had sold NetStreams on this project it might have started out as an adequate solution but I'm just not sure where I'd have taken the Client as they got excited and kept wanting to upgrade.

Anyhow, all your points ARE valid, but for now I'll stick with my dinosaur ways ;-).

Hosting Services by ipHouse