Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday January 4, 2008 at 20:04
Stealth X
November 2005
here i am breaking my own rule and getting sucked back into the vortex but i found this quote interesting...

"Their decision creates overwhelming momentum for Blu-ray as the only format that could possibly win in this battle. HD DVD is as good now as it will ever be. Blu-ray will continue to grow and evolve."

i think the above is quite true... BUT even if BD does win this battle (which i would have to say IMO is the better format based on PQ and AQ which is really all that matters as i dont ever bother with any extras or PIP features) and HD-DVD is just discontinued, it doesnt mean early adopters of HD-DVD were foolish, as it seemed to be the better format in the beginning with less bugs (not looking to debate this - just going by what i've read), fully featured, and much cheaper, especially with the 360 add-on.

nor IMO are early adopters just SOL, as most likely there will be many HD-DVD movies and players for sale at discounted prices. so really you could stash away a couple new players and still enjoy your HD-DVD's for many years to come. i've personally only invested in a $200 player and 25 (or so) movies, so its not a big deal to just replace them if i had to once my HD-DVD player dies and i was unable to get my hands on another cheap one ( even though BD may have more to offer, it isnt enough to justify replacing a large HD collection with BD's if you dont have to).

Last edited by Stealth X on January 4, 2008 20:18.

Hosting Services by ipHouse