Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday July 25, 2007 at 08:09
2nd rick
August 2002
On July 25, 2007 at 01:18, Other said...
For those that don't know, Autopatch is owned by AMX.
The are more a player in the commercial market, or at
least historically have been (I can't say I follow them
to closely). They have always been considered second tier
to Extron, along with FSR, Kramer, etc., but they are
probably less expensive.

I don't have much experience
with their products directly, but last I looked seriously
they were lagging behind in things like fully loaded bandwidth,

AutoPatch has certificates that ship with each video matrix showing that unit's bandwidth measurements, and they are "loaded" measurements (all zones active).

I am glad that you brought up this point, this is where AutoPatch, Extron, Kramer, etc outshine the "consumer" grade gear...

Anyone can produce a solid spec when only one zone is connected, measuring ALL zones shows that the power supply is rock solid and that the crosstalk reduction has been adequately addressed (among other factors, I'm sure).

...versatility (being able to run different types of video
in the same matrix), and some other areas.

The 1Y, Modula, Epica, and Optima series allows you to mix input and output types among 15 digital and analog signal choices.

The Modula CatPro takes that even a step further, allowing runs over UTP to connect directly to the switch, and switch seamlessly with the signals run over the native cabling terminations. (IE: VGA (HD-15) connections, RGBHV on BNC terminations, etc.)

On the input side, you have the choice of native cabling cards, or UTP receive cards, and you can mix in any combination.
On the output side, you have the choice of native cabling cards, or UTP transmit cards, and you can mix in any combination.

As long as they are for the same signal type, you can simply switch between any UTP or native inputs to any UTP or native outputs without any TX or RX units or jumpers required at the rack.

Also, all signals on the UTP inputs are skew corrected and peaked before entering the matrix, just as all receivers at the displays will do again before making the connection to the display.

Extron is one
of the few manufacturers in this business I have a lot
of respect for in terms of how they operate, quality control,
tech support, education & training, product availability,
etc., so yes I am partial.

It shows!! Don't get me wrong, Extron is absolutely a top-tier vendor at the head of the category, as is Kramer.

Extron and Kramer make A LOT more gizmos (varieties of interfaces, DAs, etc.), but IMO, AutoPatch is not second tier by anyone's yardstick.

I don't remember hearing anything particularly negative
about Autopatch, though, and they have been around a long
time.

They may not have the catalog depth of Extron or Kramer, but they make World class switching and UTP products, and they stand behind what they make and offer great to support the dealers.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse