The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 20, 2008 at 14:04
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I'm at a client's home, programming the remote for a DirecTV H20, and things aren't working quite right.

The two codes for Sony TVs, 10000 and 10834, do not work with the Sony KDL-32S2400. Do you know of any other codes?

The one code for Denon, 31360, works the power and volume of the AVR-1604 when the remote is set to AV1. I was sure that these remotes can be set so the volume command punches through and won't require the user to switch away from DirecTV to AV1. Once I've got the proper code, the instructions say to enter 993, then Vol- to program "this mode" or 993, then Select, to program "all modes." Neither of those methods allows control of volume with the switch anywhere except AV1. I suspect the second method should allow it. Any ideas?

I know I can sit on the phone with DirecTV and get, maybe, answers. But with you guys I can go back to work and probably get an answer without wasting that time. Thanks.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse