The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday March 2, 2008 at 15:51
dwelltec
Long Time Member
March 2008
You're the guy on site, it's your problem.

Boy, do i know it's my problem...

But, i won't accept that it's not a responsibility of the manufacturer. I took requirements, designed, sold, specified hardware, overviewed install, connected, configured and polished this solution.

Both smart-e & logitech products claim to be able to do what i am trying to do. problem is, it just doesnt! Im just just sticking them together. But they are effectively invisible to each other. The remote doesnt know im pointing it at a video matrix and vice versa.

Eventually smart-e agreed to an engineer visit. They said that if they fix it they would charge me for their time. I said GREAT, if you fix it i'll be more than glad to pay. But, on the other side of the coin i said, will you pay for my time if they don't fix it...... silence.

the engineer came, failed to fix it and i havent seen an invoice yet.

I have paid these manufacturers exactly what they asked for a product they described as being able to do what THEY say.

is it my fault i believed them?

i will have to investigate being able to retro fit some of the suggestions made above... but do they really do what they claim to do... who can i believe!!??

apologies for undercurrent of severe frustration.. this keeps me up all night

trev

Last edited by dwelltec on March 2, 2008 16:14.
Trevor Daniel

Hosting Services by ipHouse