Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 2, 2008 at 08:32
dwelltec
Long Time Member
March 2008
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me??

I have installed a Smart-e SNX-8x8+ Cat5e Video Matrix into a customers house but it is unusable.

Seen here: [Link: smart-e.co.uk]

For some reason there is so much "IR interference" coming out of the LCD screens in the house that they are "blotting" out the genuine IR commands getting sent back to the source equipment (Sky boxes, PC, CCTV system and Digi Boxes)

When the customer tries to change channel/source using the Harmony 1000 remote controls at any of their 8 screens it almost always fails to do what they want.

This problems effectively renders the system useless to the customer.

Smart-e have recently brought out upgraded IR receiver covers with extra shielding in them but this still hasn't solved the problems. In the past we have also tried using the Xantech "Plasma Friendly" IR receivers and even these didn't seem to solve the problem!

So, basically, I am in the doo doo....

The customer is refusing to sign off the system and is refusing to pay us. Worse than that they have recently informed us that they are sourcing an alternative company to come and look at the problems and they will pay them out of the money they owe us.

Smart-e have been useless. I have been screaming for help for months regarding this problems and nothing has been done except the introduction of the extra screening in the receivers.

I have been desperately trying to do some investigations myelf on how IR works and i have a thread running here:

[Link: physicsforums.com]

So, questions are:

1. Has anyone else seen these problems?
2. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be fixed?

It goes with saying that this is very urgent to the survival of my company as there is about £30k at stake. We will find it hard to survive if we loose this money...

Please help!

Thanks

Trevor
Trevor Daniel

Hosting Services by ipHouse